Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Metal music and Being Christian


One thing that i hear a lot about that pisses me off is the debate on whether or not metal music or any sub-genre of metal can be christian. The truth is it most certainly can. One thing we have to realize is that the bible is very vague on the issue of music.


Oh come, let us worship and bow down;let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
Psalm 95:6

This is one verse that says o kneel and worship him. But where does it say that we must only listen to songs from Hillsong, or delerious?, or chris tomlin? it doesn't say any of this. All though these bands and artist are definately gifted and have accomplished a lot, it doesnt mean that we must be confined to only listen to what everyone says we must. i know the bible also says to be careful as to what we listen to and to what we see, but so much christians are telling me that what i listen to is not from god.

Even though these christians are also telling me how when they are "worshipping" they also see and feel "gold dust" coming from the heavanlies. Well i'm thinkin your snortin some of that "gold dust" because it isn't from god. I know this will piss people of but I am just so sick of people confining the bible and his word. I'm sick of the wuss side of christianity. The old testament was full of death and destruction, and we also read how God got pissed off and killed people who repeatdley denied him. It had men who were strong and stood up for what they knew to be true. they died in battle defending Gods name. Thats what im trying to be. This metal i listen to makes me feel stronger and uplifted. God is there in my life to hold me up and keep me strong, but when i feel like im being attacked spiritually, bands like "for today" and "war of ages" make me feel strong and like a man in battle for jesus' name. So when you want to judge me because of what i listen to and believe, maybe you should actually read your bible becuase this is what it says. to worship our god. doesnt say what and who we should listen to. Its music to me and its what holds me up. Man up.

Don't even judge.

2 comments:

  1. I'll judge you to your room. LOL! ;)
    - LeeElla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly enjoying your blog so very much ~ you are a wonderfully blessed christian and I know you always will be. I agree 100% no one has the right to judge another person and they should never do that. You're doing what is right in God's eyes and that is what is of the utmost importance. God bless you so very much always
    Gramajo 320

    ReplyDelete